At Asiri Physiotherapy, all of our treatment plans and routines are designed with the goal of restoring a full range of motion. We provide the roadmap that shows you how we will get you out of pain and guide you to where you want to be.
Sustain your results as pain-free becomes a lifestyle, not a temporary pit-stop!
Our team of healthcare professionals help people affected by injury, illness or disability by coaching them with regards to movement and exercise, and by providing them with manual therapy. They also offer you invaluable health education and advice aimed at preventing further injury and foster a healthier and wholesome lifestyle.
Discover the best physiotherapist in Sri Lanka with our medical team at Freedom Asiri Physiotherapy, who are also well geared to assist you.
What sets us apart
Take a look at the facilities and services we offer to ensure that your stay with us is a restful, healthful experience. You’ll see that we really do offer you a better experience all round.
- Special programs for senior citizens, functional rehabilitation following illness /surgery /Cardiac by-pass surgery are available for Asiri patients.
- Functional rehabilitation following illness/ surgery (Cardiac, Orthopedic and Neuro etc.)
- Muscle strengthening and fitness programs
- One-on-one appointments with physiotherapists
- Proper assessment of all patients before treatment and documentation of information
- Well-trained and dedicated physiotherapists with Sri Lanka Medical Council (SLMC) registration
- Newly built Hydrotherapy unit at Central Hospital is the only one of its kind in Sri Lanka.
- Electrotherapy - Interferential therapy, shortwave diathermy, ultra sound therapy, electrical stimulation, traction, infrared radiation, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation.
- Wax therapy (only available at Asiri Surgical Hospital)
- Exercise therapy - Classical exercise therapy, soft tissue & spinal manipulations, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, neuro-development therapy, peripheral nerve stretching, joint mobilizations, ergonomics, massage, suspension therapy, isokinetic exerciser, cont. passive mover.
- Hydrotherapy with warm water (only available at Asiri Central Hospital)
- Visiting physiotherapists for in-ward patients 24 hours a day.
- Mobilization and rehabilitation facilities for traumatic and orthopedic conditions, neurological conditions, rheumatologic conditions, pediatric conditions, geriatric conditions, cardio-respiratory conditions and musculoskeletal injuries and conditions.
- Lung function tests (FEV Pre, FVC Post BD, FVC Post BC, SVC, MVV)
- Physiotherapists at Asiri are also capable of handling physiotherapy requirements of children (e.g. children with Cerebral Palsy), Women (prenatal exercises, postnatal conditioning & pregnancy related conditions) and sportsmen / women (ligament injuries, cartilage tear, ankle sprain, muscular tear).
What is Hydrotherapy?
Warm Indoor Therapy Pool For:
- Aquatic physiotherapy
- Water exercise classes
- Deep water running and fitness
- Movement in water for people with disabilities
- Aquatic massage
Hydrotherapy is the use of water for therapy, rehabilitation, exercise, relaxation and more. The unique properties of water, including the decreased effects of gravity, the effects of buoyancy, hydrostatic pressure are used by the physiotherapist along with their diagnostic skills, exercise knowledge and other treatment techniques to enhance the recovery and rehabilitation of clients with a wide range of conditions and provide a unique environment to maintain health, well-being and fitness.
Benefits of hydrotherapy
Hydrotherapy can decrease pain and swelling, increase function, strength and range of movement. It has been shown to improve mood and sleep in some, fitness and weight loss in others.
Hydrotherapy was traditionally seen as physiotherapy in water. Physiotherapists used their knowledge of anatomy, physiology and exercise as well as their hands on skills and techniques to improve the rehabilitation process, health and well-being of clients with a range of problems. These days the terminology “aquatic physiotherapy” is often used to describe what physiotherapists do in the aquatic environment.
You will also find a range of activities occurring in the hydrotherapy pool including
- aquatic physiotherapy
- water exercise classes
- deep water running & fitness
- aquatic massage
- movement in water & swimming for people with disabilities
Asiri Hospitals’ Hydrotherapy Unit is the largest and the only hydrotherapy Centre in Sri Lanka, we provide aquatic physiotherapy by qualified physiotherapists, and compliment this with land physiotherapy and various treatment options.
People usually seek the help of a Physiotherapist for 5 reasons:
- To find out what is causing their pain or movement problem;
- To reduce their pain;
- To improve their movement or function;
- To prevent injuries and improve performance;
- To have an expert help them develop an appropriate and safe exercise program.
We offer aquatic physiotherapy treatments that cater to many health conditions. As well as having treatment in the hydrotherapy pool, many of our patients also require a component of land exercise and/or mobility training. Our programs will ensure a comprehensive approach that incorporates land and home exercise to complement and enhance what clients are doing in the hydrotherapy pool.
Individual aquatic physiotherapy/hydrotherapy
- Pain management
- Mobility & balance
- Strength & core stability
- Fitness & reconditioning
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Dystonia/Muscle Imbalance
- Post-surgical joint replacement rehab
- Osteoporosis management
- Post-surgical back reconditioning
Arthritis management & rehabilitation
Hydrotherapy has been used for centuries in the management of rheumatological conditions and arthritis. The warm water, buoyancy, reduced gravity and consequent reduced loading on joints all combine to allow people with a wide range of rheumatological conditions to achieve many positive benefits in the hydrotherapy pool.
- Early intervention
- Developmental delay (including premature babies)
- Cerebral palsy
- Autistic spectrum disorder
- Orthopaedic conditions
- Juvenile chronic arthritis
Health & wellness
- Balance & Mobility Classes
- Arthritis Classes
- Back Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Individual exercise
- Mother/baby classes
Care Taker/support worker training
- Care Takers/support workers for clients with cerebral palsy, down syndrome, brain injuries and other conditions
- Parents, spouses who wish to bring family member to the pool themselves
With both aquatic and land facilities available at Freedom- Physiotherapy, we have something to suit everyone! As health professionals, we are also able to personalize all services to your individual needs and abilities.
OUR HEALTH AND WELLNESS OPTIONS INCLUDE:
Personalized fitness programs
Let our professionals design a specifically-tailored warm water program to help you reach your health and wellness goals. Warm water exercise is ideal for advancing cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength and flexibility. Whatever your specific needs, we can tailor a program for you!
Postgame exercise & recovery
For athletes looking to take their performance to the next level, aquatic exercise is ideal to speed up post-game recovery. Individual and whole-team options are available.
The aquatic environment is extremely beneficial for weight loss, and enables the overweight (including the morbidly obese) to undertake exercise programs in a safe, supportive environment. The low-impact nature of the exercise, combined with the cardio-vascular and pulmonary benefits of exercising in warm water combine to make this the ideal weight loss choice for those who may have mobility and health challenges.
Individual physiotherapy consultations
- Our dedicated team of physiotherapists offer a detailed activity plan based on your condition and goals. We provide a one on one comprehensive evaluation and give a detailed plan to ensure you progress to your optimal goal
- Major Exercises
- Wax Therapy
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Infrared Therapy
- Mobility Training
- Lung Function
Prescribed Exercise Programs
- Have you undergone a surgical procedure or have been given a specific rehabilitation from a doctor? Our physiotherapists work closely with your schedule and the progress report back to your doctor.
Whether you are suffering pain from injury or simply wear-and-tear, we understand the struggle it can take on your day-to-day lifestyle.
Walking up stairs. Lifting heavy loads. Getting up and sitting down. These are just some of the everyday tasks that become impossible when you suffer from knee pain.
Our qualified physios will assess the cause of your knee pain and provide treatment to sustain your strength.
Poor posture, injury arthritis, and a sedentary lifestyle are all common contributors to neck pain.
1 in 5 Sri Lankans suffers from neck pain, so if you’re one of them, ensure you book an appointment with our team and take the first step towards a pain-free lifestyle.
Tension, stress, poor posture, and prolonged use of a computer or phone can lead to painful strain on your neck, leading to headaches.
Relieve tension and ease a painful headache with effective physio solutions from Asiri Physio
Hip pain can strike all age groups and can be the result of groin and hamstring injuries, muscle strains, bursitis, and arthritis, just to name a few!
At Asiri Physio we solve pain by getting to the root of the problem and create tailored solutions to strengthen your hips.
Frustrated by ongoing back pain? Is it stopping you from living an active lifestyle? You’re not alone.
In fact, most people will experience some sort of back pain during their lifetime. We prescribe routines to strengthen your back and treatments to relieve pain.
Treatment to manage hamstring injuries or pain is designed to reduce inflammation and improve muscle range of motion.
We can also teach you specific exercises to improve flexibility and relieve pain.
Common in athletes like tennis players or golfers, and also for labourers like carpenters or bricklayers, shoulder pain is usually caused by overuse, strain, or injury.
It can also lead to neck and upper back pain.
Leg pain can affect people of all ages and from all walks of life.
If your mobility is suffering as a result of debilitating leg pain, get in touch with our team of physios. We’ll provide the fastest solution to get you out of pain!
At Asiri Physiotherapy we treat both out-patients and in-patients, with services provided daily
Asiri Central Hospital
No.114, Norris Canal Road,
Telephone: +94 11 466 5330
Monday to Sunday 7.00am to 7.00pm
Asiri Surgical Hospital
No. 21, Kirimandala Mawatha,
Telephone: +94 11 452 4454
Monday to Saturday 7.00am to 7.00pm
Sunday 7.00 am to 2.00pm
Asiri Kandy Hospital
Kandy, Sri Lanka.
Telephone: +94 (0)814528838
Hotline: +94 761317264
Monday to Saturday 7.00 am to 7.00 pm
Sunday 7.00 am to 2.00pm
We accept cash, cheques & following Credit Cards
- American Express