A Place To Relax And Enhance Mental Well-Being!
Stress Management Programmes with
Mindfulness Based Practices & Ancient Vedic Breathing Practices
We live in a busy world, many of us are on autopilot mode, getting lost in ‘doing’ and striving to get things done. Spending too much time worrying about the past or future, which is often be detrimental to our emotional health.
The Stress Management Programmes offered at the Asiri Wellness Center integrate mindfulness based techniques and diverse forms of vedic breath practices. The programmes may be conducted as standalone programmes or integrated.
is bringing attention and awareness to the present moment without judging the experience. By living in the present moment we can come to realize that a lot of our stress and suffering is unnecessary. In the context of your health, mindfulness is a way for you to experientially learn to take better care of your self by exploring and understanding the interplay of mind and body and mobilizing your own inner resources for coping, growing and healing.
The vedic science of breath practices simply promote inner balancing of energy points, sustaining life and health, ridding our bodies of harmful toxins and enhanced supply of fresh oxygen. The many forms of vedic breath practices promote the balancing of five elements, boosting immunity and managing stress, increasing positive thinking and attention control, by raising awareness levels. These techniques integrate rhythmic sound vibrations for managing emotions, chakra purification for energy balancing and harmonious living and also introduces timeless sutras for Work, Time and Relationship Management for personal and social harmony.
Mindfulness based stress management can affect the neural patterns in the brain, developing new brain pathways for enhanced awareness. Studies have shown that regular practice of mindfulness exercises boost immunity and help decrease the production of the stress hormone, cortisol.
Who will benefit?
The Stress Management programme has benefited people reporting a variety of conditions and concerns.
Including work, school, family, financial, illness, aging, grief, uncertainty about the future, and feeling “out of control.”
Including chronic illness or chronic pain, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, cancer, heart disease, asthma, GI distress, skin disorders, and many other conditions.
Including anxiety, panic, depression, fatigue, and sleep disturbances.
Everyone who goes through these programmes are subject to an initial screening to detect suitability for specific programmes.
What to expect?
The individual/ group programmes will provide you with:
- Stress screening
- Guided instructions on daily stress management strategies and lifestyle management
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Guided and mentored instructions on vedic breath practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Mindful communication exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Daily home assignments
- Home practice materials including guided mindfulness practice CDs and handout
- Teach simple self-compassion skills
- Short talks, experiential exercises, meditation, group discussion, and home practices
- Participants in 4/8 weeks group programmes are asked to practice mindfulness and self-compassion at home for up to ½ hour per day during the course
We offer a range of range of individual and group based programmes
- Group programmes/workshops spanning 4/8 consecutive weeks (discounts with enrollment in the complete course).
- Stress management orientation workshop (half day)
- Individual stress screening session and lifestyle management session
- Extended session for screening and mentoring (1hour)
- Individual session with the Psychologist with mentoring for stress management techniques on mind-fullness and Vedic breath practices (2 hours)
- Brief introductory orientation session
- Mindfulness workshop with vedantha lecture sessions
Our range of programmes
- 4 weeks programme
- 8 weeks programme
- Individual Sessions
- Orientation workshops
Venue : Asiri Surgical Hospital
No 21, Kirimandala Mawatha,
For more information call:
Hotline: +94778853457 / +94766104151