When most people think of physiotherapy or rehabilitation they think of disabilities. The truth is that because of our sedentary lifestyles, we are more prone to injury and experience muscle or joint pains – the kind of ailments that our medical team at Asiri Physiotherapy are so well geared to assist you with.
Our team of healthcare professionals help people affected by injury, illness or disability by coaching them with regards to movement and exercise, and by providing them with manual therapy. They also offer you invaluable health education and advice aimed at preventing further injury and foster a more healthy and wholesome lifestyle.
At Asiri Physiotherapy we treat both out-patients and in-patients, with services provided daily from 7 am to 7pm at Asiri Central Hospital and 8am to 7 pm (Mon-Sat), 8am to 2pm (Sun) at Asiri Surgical Hospital. With your health as our foremost priority we offer you a range of physiotherapy services to meet your every need.
What sets us apart
Take a look at the facilities and services we offer to ensure that your stay with us is a restful, healthful experience. You’ll see that we really do offer you a better experience all round.
- Special programmes for senior citizens, functional rehabilitation following illness /surgery /Cardiac by-pass surgery are available for Asiri patients.
- Functional rehabilitation following illness/ surgery (Cardiac, Orthopedic and Neuro etc.)
- Muscle strengthening and fitness programmes
- One-on-one appointments with physiotherapists
- Proper assessment of all patients before treatment and documentation of information
- Well-trained and dedicated physiotherapists with Sri Lanka Medical Council (SLMC) registration
- Newly built Hydrotherapy unit at Central Hospital is the only one of its kind in Sri Lanka.
Our treatment and services
- Electrotherapy - Interferential therapy, shortwave diathermy, ultre sound therapy, electrical stimulation, traction, infrared radiation, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation.
- Wax therapy (only available at Asiri Surgical Hospital)
- Exercise therapy - Classical exercise therapy, soft tissue & spinal manipulations, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, neuro-development therepy, peripheral nerve stretching, joint mobilizations, ergonomics, massage, suspension therapy, isokinetic exerciser, cont. passive mover.
- Hydrotherapy with warm water (only available at Asiri Central Hospital)
- Visiting physiotherapists for in-ward patients 24 hours a day.
- Mobilization and rehabilitation facilities for traumatic and orthopedic conditions, neurological conditions, rheumatologic conditions, pediatric conditions, geriatric conditions, cardio-respiratory conditions and musculoskeletal injuries and conditions.
- Lung function tests (FEV Pre, FVC Post BD, FVC Post BC, SVC, MVV)
- Physiotherapists at Asiri are also capable of handing physiotherapy requirements of children (e.g. children with Cerebral Palsy), Women (prenatal exercises, postnatal conditioning & pregnancy related conditions) and sportsmen / women (ligament injuries, cartilage tear, ankle sprain, muscular tear).